Unisa’s online student portal, known as myUnisa, is the university’s most important study tool. It is how you will communicate with Unisa and how Unisa will communicate with you.
myUnisa online student portal is a vital portal for University of South Africa Students. To learn how to register and login to myUnisa and myLife email, read on.
How to create myUnisa account
- Visit unisa student portal.
- Click the “Claim Unisa Login” button at the top-right of the screen.
- Type your student number into the box and click ‘Continue’. If you don’t know what your student number is, you can find it on your Unisa Acceptance Letter or on most official Unisa documents. If you have not yet been accepted to Unisa, read this article on how to apply to Unisa.
- Fill in your personal information into the form. You will need your South African ID number or Foreign ID/Passport number to complete this section.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, check the boxes, and click ‘Acknowledge’.
- Yaayy!!! You’re in. You’ll notice that you will be given an initial password, which you can change whenever you want. This will be your password to access both your myUnisa account and your myLife email account. You will also see your Unisa email address, which you will use throughout your time at UNISA.
How to login to myUnisa
Now that you’ve successfully created your unisa account, it is time to log in.
- Navigate to unisa login
- Type in your username
- Click ‘Login’ to access your Unisa login dashboard.
How to change your unisa login password
Don’t forget to change your initial Unisa login password to something that is both secure and which you will remember. You should also try this if your myLife email account is not working more than 24 hours after you registered.
Here’s how to change your myunisa password;
- Log in to your myUnisa account.
- Navigate to ‘My Admin’.
- Click ‘change password’ and follow the prompts.
- Ensure you keep my Life UNISA account credentials safe. You need this to do Unisa registration and submit Unisa assignments.
How to activate myunisa login password
How do I get my Unisa password?
At times, 24 hours may have elapsed you have not received your password, or the password sent is not working. What do you do? You need to get to my Unisa login my admin login to change your password.
Here are the necessary steps to follow:
- Go to myUnisa login.
- Enter your User name and password and click login.
- Click on ‘My Admin’.
- Click on ‘Change Password’.
- Fill the form provided to update your password. The password will be for both my Unisa and myLife accounts.
It could take about half an hour (30 minutes) for the new Unisa password to be active on your myLife services during peak seasons. However, if you still cannot log in to your account, send an email to MyLifeHelp@unisa.ac.za and you will be assisted.